Hubodometer Veeder-Root 490:1 Ratio Mechanical Mile 0777716-4900777716-494
HUBOMETER VEEDER ROOT 777716-490
BRAND NEW IN THE BOX
490 REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE
NOTE. To calculate the number of revolutions per mile of your tire.1. Measure the distance from the center of the hub to the ground.
2. Double that number (X2) and then multiply the result by 3.1416. Divide this result by 12.
3. Divide the number 5280 by the result from step #2 (5280 ÷ #2 result). This will provide the number of revolutions your tire will make per mile.
4. For revolutions per kilometer multiply calculatedrevolutions per mile by 0.621.
Veeder-Root hubodometers are used to record distance or area covered by rolling stock, primarily commercial Over-The-Road trailers, large buses and agricultural equipment.
They record every revolution in either direction. The design uses a counterbalance to prevent orbiting (which could stop measurement or undercount the distance) ensuring accurate counts at high speeds or rough terrain.
- Records every revolution in both directions
- Hermetically sealed with inert gas and double o-ring protection
- Precision shaft supported front and rear with needle bearings
- Specified by revolution per mile/kilometer - not just tire size
- Unique counterbalance design prevents orbiting - even on rough roads
- Magnifying crystal enlarges digits and angles up for easier reading
- Speed: 1,000 RPM maximum
- Size of Figures: 0.187 in. high by 0.125 in. wide (4.75mm x 3.18mm)
- Color of Figures: Tenths wheel is red on white; other wheels are white on black
- Mounting: 0.500-20 UNF 2A threaded integral mounting stud
- Construction: Case: die-cast zinc; Figure Wheel, Pinion and Gears: acetal resin; Crystal: polycarbonate resin; Needle Bearings: steel; Main Shaft: hardened steel